June 23, 2022
This webinar was the first of a two-part webinar series on using EID technology in the sheep industry. In this webinar, ASI Animal Health Committee Co-Chairs, Dr. Jim Logan and Dr. Cindy Wolf, hosted presentations by Dan Persons and Brandon Manning to provide an overview of the Electronic Identification technology that is available today and how it is adding benefit to the sheep industry.
- Welcome/information about the webinar – 5 mins
- Purpose of the Webinar Series – 10 mins
- Presenter 1 – Dan Persons – RFID On-Farm and in Animal Disease Traceability (25 mins)
- Presenter 2 – Brandon Manning – Utilizing Low Frequency ID in Flock Management & Official ID (25 mins)
- Participant Q and A – 15 mins (or longer if necessary)
- Wrap up – 10 mins.
- Information about Webinar 2 on July 12.
This webinar is made possible with funding support from the American Sheep Industry Association and a Cooperative Agreement from the USDA’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS).